Ever wondered how to clean a glass cooktop? Here is a super quick and easy way, with only three ingredients!
I found the following process to work really well! You can use this process on one concentrated spot, or you can use it over the whole cooktop!
1. Start with a dirty stove
2. Sprinkle Dawn Dish soap over the cooktop
3. Add Baking Soda over the cooktop
4. Add hydrogen peroxide
5. Start Scrubbing.. Usually I start by using my fingers. This helps the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mix in without splattering.
6. Wait for a few minutes before washing it off. I usually wait 3 or so minutes.
7. Now wipe clean!!
8. Dry stove so there aren’t any streak marks. I like to use a microfiber cloth just so it doesn’t leave any fibers behind that paper towels can leave.
9. Be blown away with how clean your stovetop is!
Now you have a super clean cooktop
1. Check your filter for debris or scraps. Make sure to clear out as much loose food, etc. that you can. This will make a huge difference in your wash.
2. Place a measuring cup with one cup of white vinegar in the top rack of your empty dishwasher. Let it run one complete cycle with nothing in the dishwasher besides the cup of vinegar
3. Once the cycle is complete, empty the measuring cup (which is now full of water), and sprinkle a cup of baking soda in the bottom of your dishwasher. Now run a complete cycle with the hottest water possible. You will open up a fresh smelling sparkling dishwasher!
That’s it! Super easy. And cleaner than ever before.
I dislike the idea of putting so many chemicals in the place where I make my food. My goal was to clean my oven to it’s prior glory without loading it with toxic fumes.
Dawn Dish Soap- 3-4 drops
4 T of Baking Soda
5 T of Vinegar
Juice of a lime or lemon
1.) When you are pouring the vinegar on the baking powder, GO Slow, otherwise, you will get a bit of science experiment mess.
2.) Slather on the paste into the oven. Get all sides (including your window)
3.) Let is soak in for a few hours
4.) Using a sponge, scrub where some of the deep scorches/messes exist
5.) Using a kitchen washcloth, wipe out until all cleanser is gone.
It’s that easy!